Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday 21 December 2015

Party Season Makeup Look | Day 9: 12 Days Of Christmas


Hey everyone. So with only a handful of days until the big day, Christmas day, and the season of parties, I thought that I would write up a simple makeup look. It’s made of all drugstore products, a simple but pretty look that anyone can create. With neutral eyes and a bold red lip, how could it get more festive?


I began with building up my everyday skin/ face makeup. I used the mattifying L’OrĂ©al Infailable foundation, which I find keeps my face shine-free and lasts all night. Then, over spots and under my eyes, I used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (in the lightest shade), to brighten and hide. Depending on how I feel, I will then decide to use powder on top or not.

Moving on to the eyes, I use my trusty Sleek Au Natural palette of neutral shades. It is my go-to for eyeshadows and is super affordable. I use ‘cappuccino’ all over the eyelid and then in the crease, I blend in some of the glitter shade ‘Taupe’. It’s a suitable but pretty glitter and I think it adds a festive touch to the eye makeup.

With a flick of my Collection Fast Stroke eyeliner added, and a thick coating of ‘They’re Real’ on my lashes (recently reviewed here on my blog), my eyes are complete.

Then I finish with lips. I have recently been wearing the must-loved Rimmel 107, a lovely dark red matte. At first I wasn’t 100% on this but now I love it. I also find with this lippy, it is best to not sure a lip moisturiser before as the matte formula goes better on dry-er lips.


And then I’m done. An achievable and affordable look for Christmas, New Year and any parties you’ve got going on. I love this as it is so simple, with only a few leading products, but it is beautiful.

What makeup products do you rely on for parties? A favourite lipstick? I’d love to know! Thanks for reading, much love 
Find me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment