Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 20 December 2015

Let It Snow - Book Review | Day 8: 12 Days Of Blogmas

Hey everyone. With less than a week till Christmas, there are only so many things you can do to get festive: stuff your face with festive food, watch back to back Christmas movies or spend far too long Christmas shopping. However, one thing you may not have thought of is a Christmas read. I have been super busy lately, so I haven’t actually finished the whole of this book but I thought I’d tell you about it, so you can give it a read (or start to) this festive season.


Let It Snow, is a book of three short stories, each by a different writer. John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle all worked together to create a web of stories and characters, and it is based at Christmas. Obviously, you could read this any time of year, but this year it has been saved for me as my Christmas book and I’m really enjoying it!

I am on the last story, and I honestly can’t wait to find out what happens. Like Christmas movies, that oh-so-sweet-and-cosy feel you get when you finish a Christmas tale just is so comforting and gets me feeling so festive.

I like these stories because they are simple, yet relatable and funny. Yeah, maybe they can be a little far-fetched at times- but most Christmas things are- which is why I love them.

I have also really enjoyed that the book is split. We meet so many new characters and learn a whole different story, yet we can still recognise plot and characters from the past section. This intricate web that has been spun between the stories makes it so engaging to read.


So- what are you doing- go to a bookshop or amazon and pick this up. Christmas is coming, so get festive and get reading. I know that I’ve really enjoyed it! Thanks for reading, much love,  
Find me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment