Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Being Thankful | Blogmas Day 9


So today I wanted to talk about being thankful. Living in the UK, I do not celebrate thanksgiving, but at Christmas time I always find myself reflecting on what I have in life and how lucky I am to have it.
I am extremely lucky because I have my health, my family are all well and my friends are loving and supportive. My life isn’t perfect, but I rather it this way, and as long as everyone I love is as happy and healthy as possible than I am thankful.

Lately I have also been feeling happier about myself and my life. A few months ago, I realised that I was spending too much time on the internet and didn’t do enough hobbies and clubs. For some people the amount I do now is still little, but to others its a lot. I just felt down about the time I felt I was wasting in my life, so I made a change. I now enough going to an art club, orchestra, strings group, be part of two netball teams- one in school and one outside- and volunteer weekly with my local rainbows group. If you are feeling a little upset like I was, I would really recomedn becoming more busy because it has really made me feel better. To find new clubs ask friends, see what your school/ collage have to offer or just try something new! I am so thankful for all the opportunities I have because when there are so many doors open, there are so many places you can go.

I am also thankful for my blog and all of my readers. I blog because it makes me happy and I enjoy it so much, but having a supportive group of readers is amazing. I’d love to thank all of you because my readers are what keep me going and keep my blogging to my schedule.

The last thing I wanted to say thanks for today is Christmas. As a Christmas-a-holic, I have been loving this festive season more than anything. Christmas is such a magical time because if you celebrate it or not, people are happier, kinder and children are so excited- I’ve learnt from my little Rainbows- and life is just a whole lot nicer. Music, food, decorations, tv- everything is special at Christmas time.

So that’s all I want to say today and I’m feeling all warm and fuzzy thinking about all these special things. I hope you have a chance to be thankful too and that all your Christmas preparations (if you celebrate them) go well. Have an amazing day,


Social networking-


No comments:

Post a Comment