Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas Tag + Announcement! | 12 Days Of Blogmas

Hey everyone. So today I have an announcement. For the 12 days running up for Christmas, I will be putting up a blog post EVERY DAY. I did Blogmas last year but life has been super busy this year and last year was kinda stressful, so I decided I’d do the 12 days of Blogmas. Hopefully, these posts will get you excited for Christmas and give you some ideas about festive outfits, Christmas makeup and maybe some inspiration.


So today, I thought I would kick off these 12 days with something to get us all in the Christmas spirit: a festive tag. I am currently sitting on my festive duvet on my bed, surrounded by fairy lights, watching Zoe’s vlogmas after watching the Polar Express. It can’t get more Christmasy.

These questions are from Zoe and Joe’s Christmas tag from a few years back, the link to that video is here.

1. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
Well, I love Christmas. I don’t really get into the spirit with Halloween so I try and begin as early as possible. However, I always try not to peak too early and, as my sister’s Birthday is November 11th, I normally leave it to mid-November before I begin listening to Christmas music. Then, as soon as December arrives, my bedroom gets all festive and then I am constant Christmas. My playlist just gets played again and again.

2. Do you still have advent calendars?
YES. Advent chocolates are literally what wakes me up on December mornings. I always have a Chocolate one and this year, as a surprise, my mum got my a lidt one. The chocolate is really yummy- although I’m missing the jokes that were in mine last year. I really don’t think you can beat a rubbish Christmas joke!

3. What are your favourite Christmas Films?
It is such a hard question. For me, I love Elf and Christmas Vacation the most. My Dad’s favourite is Scroodged, so we watch that every year too. Christmas Vacation is probably my top one, it makes me giggle every year! However most Christmas movies make me happy, they just leave you with such a nice feel-good mood.

4. Do you have any funny Christmas memories?
Not really. I remember when I was little and one Christmas I ended up staying in bed for so long because I’d thought Santa’s shadow was at the end of my bed! Mum came in and thought I was still asleep, but I was just worried that Santa would see me and then I wouldn’t get my Christmas presents!

5. Talk us through your typical Christmas Day?
I normally wake up first on Christmas. When I was little, I always used to run to my sister’s room and wake up my parents at some un-godly hour, but these days I normally have to wait till a fair time. Then my sister and I open up our Christmas stockings. I know I’m getting old- but Christmas isn’t the same without them. Then we all get up, have breakfast and get ready to go. Depending on who’s turn it is to have Christmas at theirs, we normally travel up to one of my grandparents. Then we have Christmas lunch, followed by present opening, tv-watching, more-food-eating and Christmas board games. Then on boxing day, we have Christmas day 2 at the other grandparents.

6. What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?
We have the traditional Christmas dinner of a turkey roast. For me, the best bits are the carrot and suede mash and the roast potatoes. Yummy!

7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Putting up the Christmas tree together is always something we do as a family. My dad and I always go and pick the tree. Then there is our annual visit to London for our Christmas day trip, and the stirring of the Christmas cake mix that my dad and I make every Christmas. I love these traditions because it always makes me so excited for the Christmas build up.

8. Which are your favourite Christmas songs?
‘All I want for Christmas is you’- the classic one and perfect for lip syncing. Anything for the Michael Buble Christmas album, pretty much. This year, I have also been loving the ‘White Christmas’ cover by Jasmine Thompson- she puts a great spin on the original.

9. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
I am always so happy and thankful for my Christmas presents, but I think my favourite was when I was younger. I used to be OBSESSED with the Sylvania Family toys and one year I received the huge house. It was about £100 so was a major deal for me, and I played for it for years.

10.Real or fake christmas tree?
Real. When I used to live in Bahrain, we had to have a fake one, so now we take advantage of the real ones. This year is the first year that I have also got myself a real one for my bedroom- I’ve called him Bruce the spruce.

So there it is! As I love a good Christmas tag, I’ve decided to tag Olivia, Poppy and Missrunaway! They’re blogs are fab so go and check them out, share some festive joy for them!


So that’s all for today. Let me know if you’re excited for the next twelve days- there’s gonna be a load of posts!!! Have a fabulous day, much love,  
Find me on...

1 comment:

  1. Actually so excited for Christmas! Thanks for tagging me lovely :)

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete