Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 13 September 2015

What's Made My Autumn Wishlist

Hey everyone. So it's that time again- the season is changing and I've started lusting after so many new things. Although my well-love white tops of the summer are still hung in my wardrobe, I've started scanning the shops for warm reds, burgundy and tartans. It's autumn, one of my favourite season for fashion... So there are a lot of things on my wish list...


The first thing I've been wanting for a while is a pinafore dress. I'm not too sure why but I just think a plain black pinafore and pretty skirt looks so cute and autumnal! Sadly though I can't find one in the shops that is anything like what I want! So I've taken to Pinterest to live on my pinafore-dreams. I will keep looking out for one though, I'm hoping one may appear when we are fully in the season of autumn/winter!


I am a huge fan of Fleur de Force's YouTube channel and style, so when I saw her wearing this bee necklace, I fell in love. I like pretty dainty necklaces anyway and thought this bee one was a cute twist on the ordinary ones. Sadly, even this one, is a little too pricey for a treat to myself- but a girl can always dream...

Autumn brings with it a lot of changes. We begin to switch tops with jumpers, bare legs to blankets and candles become lit in the darkening evenings. For me, I also find my scent choice changes for autumn/winter. Along with the occasional dab of Marc Jacobs perfume (I have the set of four minis), I also like to spritz myself with a warmer fragrance. In summer I opt for more fruity numbers, but- as long-time readers would know- I love vanilla in the winter months. I've completely used up my Boots own brand vanilla spray and although that is a total steal, I did start finding it a little too ‘fake vanilla’ for me. However I do love the scent of vanilla and I think this one from the Body Shop seems to be a wonderful alternative. It's a little more to pay for but I'm sure like my other one, it would last an age. Maybe it's time to treat myself and start getting some use out of this seasonal scent.

I'm not too sure why but I seem to have gained an obsession with tartan shirts. I owned one a few years ago but never really got the use from it. But now, as the shops are full of them, I've begun wanting to wear one again. I love the burgundy/ dark red ones most, along eight the navy and green ones, as I think they look best with my brown hair. My problem is I can never really find one that I really love that also fits me really well. I don't think shirts are particularly suited to my body shape- and when I tried on the one in the photo (from Miss Selfridge) I needed the size up, which was OUT OF STOCK!

Obviously, for makeup, darker lips are a huge thing this season. I have the odd dark/ bold lippy but always find myself feeling a little too self-conscious to wear them out a lot. I find that tones that are closer to my natural lips just make me feel more confident. I have quite a few choices- my Soap&Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist, my Deluxe lippy in Charleston, my New Look… do I need to go on? However something has drawn me to this. I’ve seen a handful of good reviews on this and think that it may be worth giving it a go. The product I’m talking about is a lip pencil from Rimmel. Part of the 1000 Kisses, this lip liner is a lovely browny-nude warm shade- called Tiramisu. I think this would be really versatile, either matched with a lippy or on its own, and it is just £2.99. Maybe the next time I walk into Boots this will come back with me…

As you can see I've also been loving Miss Selfridge an awful lot. I’ve found so many lush pieces there and think it is the happy medium between New Look and Topshop, not too pricey but good for statement pieces. However, I have always wanted to try the jeans there. I recently tried some on and they were really nice fitting and comfy. The denim is such a lovely quality, and I really want a pair! When I tried some on in the shops, I tried on some with rips called Lizzies (confusingly not the one in the photo)- which is totally unlike me, but I did actually like the way they looked. They're not crazy cheap for jeans at £40 a pair, but I think the denim will last and they would soon become a key piece in my wardrobe. I think I'd have to go in and try numerous pairs to find the ones that fit best for me, and maybe if I save up I can add a pair of these lovelies to my jeans collection.


So there they are, all the things I’ve been lusting after the most. I don’t expect I’ll get them all, but I always enjoy seeing what I fancy at the start of the season. I’m also excited for the other things autumn will bring, are you? If you are new or old (welcome by the way), please check out my links so you can stay updated with posts- or just see what I’m up to on Pinterest- I’m still obsessed with it. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a brilliant day, much love, 
Find me on...