Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday 15 September 2015

My Autumn Foundation

Hey everyone. If you’ve ever read one of my tutorials or makeup bags, you’ll now I barely ever, if not never, wear foundation. For me, I have quite decent skin so never felt I needed it. However, recently I walked into Boots and just thought this product sounded this. So I bought it, tried it out, and now that flawless skin is mine, is a tube.


So what is it? The L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation 24h-Matte.

The problem I kept finding with my base is that, not matter how much powder was applied and re-applied, I still got shiny on my nose and forehead. I considered a new powder, but held back- knowing that the Stay Matte one I was using had always worked a treat. I am also blessed with always-rosy cheeks. This may sound nice, and most the time I don’t mind them, but I often look a little too read. It is also why I never feature blush- I would look like a strawberry! I wanted a product that would mattify and even out the colour of my skin- and this has.

Although I have jumped for a pretty uncovered face to a high covered matte foundation, I am actually loving it. In the past I’ve tried one from Collection and Rimmel- but nothing ever made me really see the difference. However this L’Oreal beauty makes me feel that I have more flawless skin and it seems to last really well.

There are 6 shades in the range, but I don’t think they differ all too much. I always struggle with matching my skin to a foundation, and do unfortunately go back to the back-of-the-hand technique. However I found this shade, Natural Rose, and it matches my skin really well.

When doing my makeup, I apply this first. Adding a little to my forehead, nose and checks, I buffed this in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. I then give it a few seconds to really mattify, before adding concealer and powder. I don’t know if it’s cheating a little that I use powder on a matte foundation but I want to make sure it stays around.

Autumn/ winter is also the perfect season for a heavier base, in my opinion, so I know that this will get a lot of use.


I hope you’ve enjoyed this review. When foundation shopping, I often check out a few blog reviews before splurging, so thought I’d share my thoughts. But, for now, that’s all I have to say about it. It fab, I love it, and I’ve been using it every day. Thanks for reading, I hope this was helpful and I hope you’re days are wonderful! Much love,  
Find me on...