Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 20 September 2015

It's My Birthday!

Hey everyone. So when this post goes up, it will be my sixteenth birthday. Apart from being a very exciting day, I thought I’d take this opportunity to catch up with you all with a bit of a chatty post.


I can’t quite believe my birthday has swung around again, the last year for me has gone in a blink of an eye. Although sixteen isn’t a huge milestone, it is obviously still exciting to be getting a bit older. I wrote a birthday post last year and re-reading it now, it reminds me of what a great year I have had and how much I have changed. New years and birthdays are generally my time to reflect and looking back on this year has had me smile.

Along with the stress of exams and school work, I have made so many memories in my fifteenth year. I have also achieved a lot of my goals and, as cheesy as it sounds, I feel I’m found myself a little more. Teen years are difficult no matter who you are, and getting to know yourself makes you feel more and more confident and happy with it. In the past year, I’ve taken up new hobbies, invested more time into others and given no time to the things (and people) that don’t deserve my time.

Looking back at last years birthday post has also made me smile about this blog, it’s a few months before my second year of blogging (crazy I know) and looking at it now makes me smile. I may not have huge numbers of followers or comments on every post, but I get so much happiness out of my hobby, I really couldn’t care. Since re-vamping the look and trying newer more ambitious posts, I can see how it is still growing and will continue to.

On another note, a lot of other bits and bops have been going on these last few weeks.
If you’ve read my previous posts, you may know that my laptop sadly died in August. I have been trying to keep blogging and make do with the family computer. However my birthday (which will be today) will probably bring a new laptop so bigger and better posts are on their way!

I have also started year 11 at school. The big year. Year 11 is definitely a daunting thing for me, as GCSE exam loom closer and closer, but I know all my school friends are in the same boat. However, if any of you are heading into this big year, I’d love to know! I expect this means this year may include quite a few revision/ school themed posts, so if this is something you’d like or not again tell me in the comments.

Another change that’s been going on in my life is that my big sister has moved away to go to uni. As she is my only sister, it has been a big change to be starting to live without her so close. We have quite a good relationship and I’ve been missing her being about a lot! I know that I’ll get used to it eventually but at the moment I’m trying to cope with how different it is all going to be.


So that’s it for today’s post. I hope you’ve enjoyed this chatty little update and I hope you will all get excited for some more birthday themed posts this week! Much love, from a sixteen year old,  
Find me on...