Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday 14 August 2015

What I've Been Wearing On My Nails This Summer...

Hey everyone. In the summer, and in fact all year round, I love wearing different coloured nails. I can rarely do this in term time, so in the holidays I like to swap up colours a lot.  Today I thought I’d show you which polishes I’ve been wearing.


The first polish of the summer I wore was a white shade. In the first few days of the holiday, I wanted the fresh neat look of white nails, which I achieved with the Rimmel polish in ‘White Hot Love’. I like the look of white nails but didn’t think this particular nail polish worked. The shade had a tad too much shimmer and I think a more opaque one may be better. I think I will go out and see if Barry M have a better option!



Second was my favourite polish from last year- ‘Blueberry’- and I am still in love with it! This bright blue shade from Barry M was my most worn through spring, summer last year and now again. The polish is a lovely thick consistency, so is perfect with just two coats. Like the other gelly hi-shines in the range, there is also no need for an extra topcoat.


The third polish is one I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I was completely sucked in by the packaging of the Rimmel Rita Ora Polishes but the product is actually really good. I noticed that my nail collection was lacking a peachy shade, so was glad to find this ‘Peachella’ polish. I wore it for a long time, and received many compliments during this period. I loved how the colour was subtle but still summery and bright. This polish has no shimmer (something I really dislike) and I think will become a favourite within no time! I am also now keen to check out the rest of her range…


Fourth, I re-wore one of my pastel polishes from last year. Again, this is a Barry M Gelly Hi-shine polish, only this lovely lilac is a lot more muted then ‘Blueberry’. ‘Prickly Pear’ is a little spring-like but I enjoyed wearing an alternative colour to rights. This purple is nice as it isn’t too pink-y toned and again has all the advantages of ‘Blueberry’.



So that’s what I’ve been painting on my nails for these summer months. I have enjoyed all of these, pretty much, but am also looking forward to the warmer colours that Autumn will bring next season.  What’s your favourite polish been? I’d love to know in the comments! Thank you for reading this post, much love, 
Find me on...