Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 18 January 2015

Life Update - Diaries, Sunsets and Straight hair?

Hey,
So today I decided that I just wanted to do a simple and casual catch up post. I do enjoy writing lifestyle posts, and I hope you’ll enjoy this to.


So I really feel that, so far, 2015 has begun with a bang. Although school has brought me piles of homework, a maths mock and a parents evening already, I feel like everything is going well.
I haven’t completely ruined my new year’s resolutions, and I actually have a past record of doing well when it comes to them, and one that I have been really fond of is writing a diary. I think everyone has had that point in their lives when they’ve read through an old diary and laughed of their socks at their past loves and worries- as well as spelling mistakes, and I miss having something to capture my everyday thoughts. Now, I love to scrapbook, and I know this will capture so many of my memories but a diary is different. You can put feelings in it that no-one else needs to see and keep track of your life. I also love this diary because, after searching for one for weeks, it has MONTHLY PAGES. I schedule my blog posts and every month I like to write in what posts I’m doing and when. It sounds obvious, but having monthly pages gives me an overview of the months and lets me envisage clearly where blog posts will fit. I also like the fact that it’s pretty plain on the front, large (bigger than A5) and has monthly tabs so I can find where I need to go. If you’re wondering the pages inside are set out weekly, Monday-Sunday with a notes section.  It's from Paperchase so was a little pricy at £10, but its lovely quality and I know it will get a lot of use.

So I also feel I’ve been trying to do a few new things this year. I feel like I want to try more in 2015 and push myself to put myself out of my comfort zone, and I started off with one a little less crazy. Yesterday (Saturday), I had my hair cut and got my hair straightened for the first time in my life. My normal hair is a crazy wavy/ curly mop, and for the first time I wanted to see what it would be like if it wasn’t. I’m so glad I tried it, because although I might not be straightening it a lot, it’s good to know that I’ve got another option if I want it.

Lastly, before this post gets toooo long, I wanted to talk to you all about capturing the moments of everyday life. Last year I actually completed (ish) the photo a day project and while I am enjoying a break from having to remember every day, I am missing it. I think as busy humans we miss so much, and we also forget the everyday memories. As I mentioned earlier, I’m a big scrap-booker and I am currently compiling a Project Life project for this year. I’m still doing a lot of research at the moment, and trying to pick out components, but I am still getting ready for when it is all bought. Things like cinema tickets and photos of a dawn- I know it’s not a sunset but I keep saying that my accident- are perfect and even if you don’t scrapbook, they are lovely things to help you remember the year.


I really enjoyed this little update, and if you have any requests or recommendations for blog posts, just leave them below. Don’t forget I am also doing a Q&A so go over and ask me questions- you don’t need an account and you can ask anomalously. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, or whenever you read this, 

Social networking-

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! You've been nominated for a Liebster Award! Go ahead and follow this link to the see the post! http://theuniverseofgirlyandgaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-awards.html

    - Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diary writing is wonderful! For about two years, I was really invested in one. And then my blog happened, and I stopped writing in my dairy and focused on other things. This year I'm doing one of those memory jars--that's kind of like a jar-shaped diary? I feel it's best for my needs, and will force me to focus on the positives. I think it's so great that you're enjoying writing in your diary, though! (: It's such a great way to keep track of things. ^.^

    Thanks for the update! (:

    ReplyDelete