Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Birthday Haul | 2014


Hey,
So this post is a little overdue, but earlier this month I had my birthday- 20th September! I love watching ‘what I got for my birthday’ videos on Youtube, and decided I’d do a similar thing on my blog with a few things I got for my birthday. So today is a birthday presents/ birthday haul post. I would like to say this is most but not all of the things I got from friends and family, but this is in no way bragging.


So I got a real mixture of things this year, the first two items being home related. I love my bedroom and changing the décor of it to suit me. If you were to come into my room I think you would think three things; hearts, photos and Scottie dogs. This gift was a gorgeous Scottie dog calendar- where I change the blocks each day to show the date. I love this so much, as I think Scottie dogs are the cutest, and it also means I always know the date!
The other item is a candle I was given by my sister. The candle is mini sized but has a strong scent, which is the fragrance ‘Amber Noir’. It smells grown up, and is meant to have tuberose, violets and amber in it.


Next, I got another home ware item- a beautiful jewellery chest from Next. I asked for this as I thought it would work so well with my room, and I was not wrong. The chest has eight heart drawers, and I use it to store jewellery, sunglasses and bits and bobs that have no other place.


I also got a eyeshadow palette from sleek. It is made up of twelve beautiful natural shades, a mixture of shimmer and matt shadows. I can’t wait to try these out as I don’t really use eyeshadow very often, so it gives me the opportunity to try new looks.
I was also very lucky to receive a curler. I have naturally curly hair but I do get those days when it goes fluffy or flat so I was really keen to have a curler. I’ve only used it twice so far, but so far I like what I see. The wand comes with three changeable barrels, in different thicknesses, and I am excited about trying different styles with this.


Another beauty item I was lucky to receive was one that I really wanted. If you’ve read my blog recently, you will see I’ve been trying out the ‘They’re real’ mascara by Benefit in a mini size. I love the lengthened, volume-ed lashes I get with this mascara, but it’s just too far out of my price zone. Therefore I was so chuffed to get this gift, and this pack also comes with a free mini of the ‘They’re real push up liner’ eyeliner.


One of the main gifts I received was a yearly subscription to LOOK magazine, a fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazine. This is a weekly magazine and I have had a few copies before, I love to read it to discover new styles and trends.
Some other gifts I received were two movies. The first is Divergent, my favourite movie that I saw twice in the cinema, and the second a movie I’ve seen once before called ‘About time’. Both movies are great for different reasons, and I can’t wait to re-watch these!

The last gift I received was a gift from my best friend Ruth. I got a ticket to go with her to Bristol Fashion week; I got to see a catwalk show and got a goodie bag too. I had a great night, and was so excited to see the autumn/ winter clothes and coats.


And that’s all you’ll see for this year. I had a great birthday and I was so lucky to get all these gifts and more. I hope you enjoyed this post and that you return on Sunday for my September favourites, 

No comments:

Post a Comment