Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Book Review- The Fault in our Stars by John Green



January, with all its other gifts of motivation and blue Monday depression, gave me my list of 2014 challenges. Although most are long term, I found myself eager to begin- one of which was to read The Fault in Our Stars. I can now successfully say I’ve done that and I am so happy I ceased the challenge to read such a lovely novel.



After my sister’s persistent persuasion to read this book, and my hopefully three attempts on chapter 1, (it’s always hard to get into a book for me), I began to read. It was a night I couldn’t sleep, so reached for something to distract my mind, a book a finished about a fortnight later. As New York Times’s bestseller, I expected the book to be good, as well as all it’s popularity- and this book went up to this standard and beyond.

So the book: I don’t want to give away spoilers so there are NO SPOILERS here, for all those who don’t want the plot ruined (and TRUST ME you don’t!). This story is stupendous and immaculately written. I absolutely loved the story, it was a trip full of emotions, good and bad, heart touching moments, chapters that nearly bought me to tears, (which, on a side note, I didn’t but was close to… I never cry at books), paragraphs that made me laugh in public or even moments that melted my heart. It was brilliant.

I would recommend this book to anyone, as it doesn’t need to relate to you for you to see it’s genius. The Fault in Our Stars is a story that I’m sure you will love. As a 14 year old teenager, at a point where I have been feeling my current days have only revolved around school work, I found this book as a haven to me. I feel, through John Green’s impeccable writing and faultless descriptive style, I have actually lived the lives of the characters, felt the whirlwind of emotions they did too and driven the journey that Hazel (main character) has.

The wonder of this book is simple. It reminds you. It reminds you how lucky we all our and how wonderful we can make our lives. It shows everyone and anyone how your life can be basic or influential to billions, and matter the same. The Fault in Our Stars also reminded me to really appreciate living life. It’s the details we should remember, as well as the bigger picture.

Overall I am SO happy I have let this book nest into my mind, and let Green’s writing open my eyes to everyday life. When reading this book my stress’s are gone and I finish it believing that how awful life can sometimes feel, in the end of the universe it won’t bother anyone, so why let it bother me? The novel has given me so many moments and quotes that will cling to me heart and I never want them to leave.


I’d love to hear what you think if you’ve read the book, any books you can recommend or any books you want me to review. I do hope you take the notion to read ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ now, right now. You wont regret it!!! The book is available in most bookshops as well as sites like Amazon.com. Thank you 




No comments:

Post a Comment