Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 11 January 2015

How I style | Chelsea Boots


Hey,
So I’m pretty excited for this post because I planned it a while ago and now I’m finally writing and posting it. One of my goals for mydaisychaincloset this year is to produce more fashion related posts, because I feel that is what I really created my blog for. Today I am going to be doing a fashion related post based on a pair of shoes I have been adoring all season- my Chelsea boots! For months I have been searching for the perfect pair for me, but I always doubted that I’d pull them off so never made the splurge. In December, my Nan actually treated me to a pair I found in New Look and I have been loving them ever since. So today I am going to be showing you how I style these boots and I hope you’ll enjoy it.








The Chelsea boots I have are these beautiful brown ones from New Look. I love brown boots and they are definitely my personal preference. I think brown boots are less severe than black ones, but these boots are available in tan, black or white. They are slightly pricy at £24.99 but I would say they are really worth it. The boots are slightly pointed at the toe, which has taken me a while to get used to, and have a tiny heel that lifts the shoe off the ground. One of the reasons I was drawn to this particular pair is the little tabs on the back, which are both aesthetically pleasing and useful when taking the shoes on and off.

I love to style my boots with my favourite pair of frilled socks, which have a really nice thick crochet frill that pocks out the top. These are the only frilled socks I’ve found like this, and they are also grey and spotty! I think this adds a soft feminine touch to the boots and perfect with a winters outfit.
I also love styling these boots with a skirt/ dress outfit. I think the shoes are great with these types of winter looks because they are fancier than many other styles of boots and I think they add a cherry on the top.

However, I do also wear them with jeans and trousers, and love the way you can tuck the bottom of your jeans in so that the tabs on the back show!
I also think these boots are a great alternative to other styled boots, like combat boots, because they are less casual. When I’m creating an outfit, sometimes I feel that I want to create a neater smarter look, so these shoes work perfectly. I know they may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I certainly love them!

I hope you have enjoyed this type of post, I don’t know if you’ll find it interesting but I wanted to write something a little different. I adore these shoes and I can’t wait to style them through the rest of winter and into spring. If you have any tips on how you wear boots, then let me know because im always interested! I will also link my winter fashion board on Pinterest here because there are loads of ideas on styling boots over there. I hope you enjoyed this, I would love to know your thoughts and helpful comment. Have an amazing day,

Social networking-

1 comment:

  1. I love your booties! the white frills from the socks makes it look so pretty x

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete