Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 5 March 2014

My Monthly Favourites- February

So this is a first for me, I really enjoy Youtube videos about monthly favourites by my favourite beauty vloggers and bloggers so I thought I would do one myself. This post will involve a few of the things I have really been enjoying, ranging from fashion to food. I hope that this may inspire some of you to consider these products or that you’ll just enjoy what I have to say!

Fashion-



So this month I’ve been doing a bit of products and really preparing me for my spring style.
The first items I have loved are my H&M skater skirts. I know I’ve missed the skater skirt trend a bit but my confidence was high enough for me to purchase one and wear it out, so now there’s no going back. I really like the H&M skater skirts in particular, as they’re flattering and comfy, as well as being affordable to buy and coming in a wide range of prints and colours. I wear mine all the time, normally with a pair of tights and my converse. I have a plain black one as well as a black and floral skirt, available here http://www.hm.com/gb/product/22907?article=22907-Em for £9.99.



The next fashion favourite is frilled socks. I know that I have been loving them for months now but they were practically the only socks I wore and I’ve bought more. I have one pair of all berry red socks from Dorothy Perkins and then loads of my £1.50 ones from Primark. I wear them with heels, Converse, boots, flats… all the time. I love them because they can really finish an outfit and warm up my feet at the same time!



Now a footwear fashion favourite for me is normally hard to choose, as I wear a variety of shoes often. But in February I remember mainly just wearing my Converse. I got my berry Converse for Christmas and I love them! I wear them all the time and I love the aspect they give to a look. Dress them up, dress them down, these shoes are comfy and cute whatever you’re doing. They are available from Schuh (UK shoe shop) here http://www.schuh.co.uk/converse/womens-burgundy-converse-all-star-oxford/1902723270/



My final fashion favourite is one that I only purchased late in February but one that I have still become to love by the second. This small brown satchel bag cost me only £8 from Primark, and is a good size. I love the cut outs on the flap and details of this bag, including the clasp on the front. I think it’s perfect for a day bag, big enough for a book and more. The satchel is a sort of vintage style, a classic bag for any occasion.

My next section of monthly favourites is beauty, bath or body.



The first item I have is my face mask. In winter I love to have loads of baths and lately I have been using face masks very regularly. I use them to calm myself, when I’m just about to have a bath and to clean and clear my skin. I have been loving Superdrug’s own make’s hydrating mud mask, a moisturising mask that is made with vitamin E. It is also scented with blueberry. My face mask of choice is a product that comes in a tube, so that it lasts longer and I can put on as much as I want and not waste anything. I cannot find a link to this product, but it is available in Superdrug for £2.59, a similar product is available here http://www.superdrug.com/superdrug-face-masks-new/superdrug-superberry-mud-mask/invt/718461&bklist



My next product to review is a make up product. Lately I have been trying some new products and I have always loved a bit of eyeliner so when I heard that Primark had bought out a make up range, called ‘P.S. Love’ and the products were decent, I wanted to try one. The black felt tip eye liner was this product and cost only £1.50. I love this product because the thin tip lets you create the look you want. The eyeliner lasts, the colour is easy to build up, and it is easy to reapply. I prefer the thin liner as it just glides on (and mistakes are easier to fix).

The next section is just some ‘other’ products that I wanted to tell you about.



The first is headphones. I love music, it fills me with joy and happiness, so I like to listen to it whenever I want, and not have to ruin the days of other people. I use the small Skullcandy headphones, which have budded ears for comfort and keeping in the sound. I have mine in blue, and they are available here http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9384679.htm for a very affordable £9.99. I have also lately been doing run practises, because I am running 3 miles for Sports Relief, and I have found that the earphones stay in my ears during this activity.



I love to burn candles; it is a new love of mine after the Christmas candles. I have only just finished my ‘Christmas Morning’ candle, so when I had to replace it I wanted an equally as brilliant scent. I choose to purchase mine from Homesense (http://www.homesense.com/ ), a brand that sells a variety of home products, although there are only a few stores I know of. This was where I purchased my last candle, and there are normally a variety of smells for good prices. This time I bought ‘Madagascan Vanilla’ from the Copenhagen Candle Company, for £4.99. I love the scent of vanilla and this lives up to that. It fills my room and gives any space a warm lush feel. It is available here for £9 http://secretsales.com/details/Madagascan-vanilla-candle-jar-14oz-208192 .

So that’s all from the sections but here is just a list of ‘of the months’ that I thought you’d like to read/ know about.

Hobby of the month- painting.
I have got back into doing art as a choice and not just for homework. Lately I have been painting a bit of Disney, watercolour paints are my best!

Store of the month- Primark.
I have been really impressed with the spring stock in Primark. I have purchased some clothes and accessories that I think are of the same quality and standard of many other high street stores, at much more affordable prices.


So that’s it! I hope you have enjoyed my views and thoughts on my favourite products of February. Pleas leave links to your blogs below, comment please and have a good day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment