Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday 7 September 2014

My Travel Diary: London Day Trip


So on the Saturday before I went back to school, I went to London on a family day trip. It was a great day and we got so much packed into one day. We’ve been to London many times before, so have already done a lot of tourist attractions, but I would definitely recommend the places we visited. I hope you enjoy this, also this may be the last ‘my travel diary’ in a while now summers over.





So we went on the train to London (which I was hugely excited by, as I love travelling on the train), and got to Paddington by 8:30 in the morning. My job was to organise a schedule for the day trip and all the tube journeys and stops, I did pretty well as we didn’t get lost or confused once! We started our trip by visiting Notting Hill- the one in the film ‘Notting Hill’. There was a lovely market on the Saturday morning, and we also enjoyed visiting the book shop (like the one in the film) and having a tasty English breakfast.



Next, we went to the British Museum, a huge museum near Russell Square. It was really interesting, and I especially enjoyed the exhibit on Ancient Egypt. While we were there, we also got to see the Rosetta stone, which I loved after having had learnt about it in primary school. If you are visiting London, I would definitely recommend giving this place a visit.




After this we went across the roads and stopped in Starbucks. I finally got to try a ‘Mocha Cookie Crumble’ but it wasn’t really that good, I much prefer the coconut one! After, we travelled down to Covent Garden. We shopped and looked around the market, but then it was time to move on.
The next destination on our list was tower hill, to visit the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. At the Tower of London, there is currently an exhibition for Remembrance Day, where the tower is surrounded by a sea of bright red ceramic poppies- one for each death. Without doubt, I would recommend visiting this as it really was breath-taking. It’s only there until November the 11th though, so visit it while you can. It is free to see from the outside of the Tower of London, but you could make a day of it by visiting inside!



Then we walked over Tower Bridge and back. We even saw the bridge rise! It’s definitely a good destination to see, as it is so iconic to London and when you are there you can see a lot of London’s skyline, like the Gherkin and the Shard.


So to finish the day, we decided to have a few hours to shop in Oxford Street. However, by the time we got there we were all exhausted and our feet were killing. I did by a dress from H&M but had to take it back recently. I also bought my school bag  (see: School Haul Post) while we were there.
The day finished with a tube ride to Paddington and then the train home, we got back at about 9 but it felt so much later! As soon as we got in I went straight to bed!


So that’s all from this post. London is such an interesting city, and there is so much to see. If you’re ever visiting the UK, it should be on the top of your list! I hope you have an amazing day,

No comments:

Post a Comment