Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Book Review: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Hey,

So I know how ridiculously late my monthly book review is as this is my review of my February reading, but I’ve been a little behind! However I’m going to try to get back on top of it all. For now, this is my review for the novel Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.


The first thing I wanted to say is that this book was not what I expected. I’d heard a lot of praise about this, so when my friend let me borrow her copy, I couldn’t wait to read it. Yet this wasn’t the plot that I had imagined and I’m not too sure how I feel about it now I’ve finished.

Eleanor & Park is a romantic novel that sees a love story take place. Park is your average guy but with a warm and friendly heart. Eleanor is new to school with a family and past she tries to hide. Together all they seem to share is an English class and a place on the school bus, but that seems to be all they need.

As the novel develops, the reader learns more about both Park and Eleanor and watches them fall for one another. This plot is quite typical of a love story and is a bit clichéd and cheesy at times. But if that’s the sort of easy-to-read and traditional book you’re looking for then I fully recommend it.

For me, this novel just wasn’t enough. I felt the plot was quite slow and although it speed up at the end, it didn’t seem to develop into anything really. I wouldn’t say this is a bad book, I just don’t think its for me- I think I needed some more action or storyline! This book would be great for young teens (11-14) but if you like challenging books then I’d maybe try something else.


So that’s my short and sweet book review. If you’ve read Eleanor & Park then I’d like to know what you thought or any book requests! I hope everyone has had a lovely Wednesday, 


Social networking-

No comments:

Post a Comment