Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 4 February 2015

The 'Big Eyes' Makeup Trio | Product Review and Tutorial

Hey,
So today I wanted to share with you my current makeup love. My basic everyday makeup routine really doesn’t change much but recently I’ve been trying something new. I love winged liner but recently I’ve found myself becoming bored of the style and instead opting for this big eyes look.
To create this ‘big eyes’ makeup, I’ve been using three amazing products.


First I use my Supercat eyeliner from Soap&Glory. I don’t think I can rave about this product enough, but all I can say is that if you like a bit of eyeliner then it’s one to try. Personally the easiest technique for me is to apply eyeliner with a thin felt tip pen, and this eyeliner is the best I’ve tried. It’s got a fine tip, so is easy to create the shape and thickness of your liner, and is also precise. I use it to create a simple line. If it is a school day then I’ll draw it close to the lash line and very thing, if it is a weekend then I like a thicker line. I keep the line rounded and do NOT do a flick.

The next item I use it my MUA eyeliner in the shade Snow White, the key product to this look. Adding a white/ light eyeliner to the waterline opens your eyes up, making you look awake and big-eyed. The best bit about this product is I picked it up in Superdrug for an amazing £1! The quality is just what I need to do the job; the pencil is soft and it comes with a sharpener in the lid. I don’t go over the top at this stage, or you end up looking a bit ghostly, but lightly line my eyes and then blink a few times. I am also keen to try out a nude eyeliner but can't find a cheap one anywhere- so if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know!!

The last item I use in the trio of products is the new mascara I’ve been testing out and adoring! I have so many great mascaras but I always find they are too heavy/ thick for everyday use, they don’t stay long enough or they just don’t give my lashes enough to make them stand out. However when I tried this one, I knew it was going to be one to stay! The No7 Extreme LengthMascara is one that I picked up because I’d already tried a mini version and it was drying out.

No7 is a brand which I think is a little under-estimated. I know that I often consider it to be more for older women, I know my mum loves the range, so I often look past the counter. No7 is a Boots only brand and can be a little pricy at times, but the choice and quality of the products really are impressive. This is the first mascara in full size that I’ve tried from the brand and I know if I ever fall out of love with it then I’ll still come back to find a new one. With all their mascaras averaging at about £10 they aren’t the cheapest on offer but there if a good choice of different types targeting length, volume and thickness. The Extreme Length mascara works so well at making my lashes bold and thick, as well as long and volumised. My lashes hold a curl and it stays all day, so I rarely need to top up. It could be a day or night mascara and is easy to remove in the evening. I think we’ll be seeing this product a lot in the next few months on mydaisychaincloset!

I use the mascara on my top and bottom lashes, applying just one coat- but making sure all my lashes are well-covered.
And that’s all! Together this trio of products make my eyes appear bigger and I love the effect of it! I normally apply quite basic makeup around the eyes (normally some concealer, powder and lip balm on a day-to-day basis) so these products really make the look!


I hope you enjoyed this more talkative makeup tutorial/ review. If you have any eye makeup tips then I’d love to know- I’m also keen to try out new techniques and products! I hope you’ve all had a lovely day so far, 

Social networking-

No comments:

Post a Comment