Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Book Review: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Hey,

It’s time for my monthly book reviews and today I am reviewing the book I read in January! It’s been a little bit different this month because I was actually reading this book in and out of school, which is why it’s taken a little longer to finish. So today I want to talk to you about the classic novel by Harper Lee- To Kill A Mockingbird.



If I’m honest, I’d heard of this book before but I actually had no idea of what it was about. The book is well-loved around the world, has won so many awards and is studied in English classes every day.
Scout is a young girl who lives in 1930s Alabama with her brother Jem and her farther Atticus. Her town is called Maycomb, and it is a town that is not only set in its ways but cursed by traditions. The people are defined by their family name, judged by their colour and trapped in a repeating world.

However soon change must come. A black man is put on trial and his word goes against the word of a white man’s. This forces the people into confusion. When their world is trapped by segregation, it seems only the children can see the fault in the adults’ ways. Will they ever learn to accept each other?

The novel watches Scout grow up and the adventures she has with her brother and their best friend Dill. Together they challenge the unsolved mystery of Boo Radley, discover what true courage is and learn that many people are mislabelled in society.

To Kill A  Mockingbird is a wonderful novel that is touching and intriguing. I feel like it would be amazing for anyone to read and it truly is a classic story. Not all works of literacy need to be overcomplicated or built into world of developed fantacy, some novel such as this one just need to tell a simple tale- but one that will enchante the mind. The book teaches life lessons and morals, and many of the stories in it are ones that can be taken into our everyday lives.

So that’s it! If you want to get some more details, check out this link! I hope you enjoyed learning my thoughts on this popular novel and if you’ve read it, I’d love to know your favourite parts are! I’ll see you all on Sunday for another post, have a great day,

Social networking-

No comments:

Post a Comment