Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Summer Natural Everyday Make Up | #summerstyle

This post is going to be my very first tutorial for make up. This is a really simple natural make up look for summer that is light and wearable. In the summer I personally like to wear less make up and depend on essentials like waterproof mascara. I hope you enjoy this, if you want a more interesting summer look, just comment down below.



To create this look I used:
  • Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream
  • A face moisturiser
  • Maybelline Stay Matt Powder
  • Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer
  • Nivea sun protection stick
  • Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Waterproof mascara
  • Black felt tip eyeliner
  • No7 ‘Mischief’ stay perfect lipstick



To start I mix the BB cream with a small dab of moisturiser, mix an amount depending on the pigment you want on your face. I blend it in with my fingers until I get a smooth effect. If it’s a hot day I also add some suncream to my face.



Next I add some concealer under my eyes and over any spots. After I like to matt-ify my face with some powder, to avoid too much shine.





After this I like to do my eyes. I don’t like to wear eyeshadow for my everyday natural makeup as I think it can look over the top. This is personal, but if you did want to wear eyeshadow, I would choose a natural brown or nude-pink shade. I choose to just add a thin layer of eyeliner using my felt tip eyeliner from Primark. I choose to do this as I wear my everyday natural look to school and I don’t like to wear too much eyeliner there.



Now I add mascara. I have really been enjoying the Falsies waterproof mascara although I am yet to test how waterproof it is. I add a few coats and then I’m done with eyes. I like this mascara as it really lengthens my lashes and makes them bold.



For lips I begin with the Nivea sun protection balm. This is really important as it prevents your lips from being burnt or effected by the sun.  I especially like the Nivea one because it has SPF 30. Over the top I like to add a hint of colour, so I lightly dab over this lipstick and rub my lips together until I get the baby pink shade I like.






And that’s it. So simple and yet it is great for those summer days when you don’t want to be too covered up but want some straightforward makeup. I hope your enjoying the #summerstyle series,

No comments:

Post a Comment